Sunday, December 2, 2012

Morocco Arrival

What a long day and a half!  Our flight left at 1:30 for Salt Lake City.  We had a two hour delay there and passed the time at a little wine/beer bar.  It was a comfy little spot!  Thankfully we were able to talk the gate agent into giving us seats together - we were originally booked in middle seats one aisle in front of the other.  Can you imagine 9 hours of being in a middle seat next to strangers while on your honeymoon?!

It was a VERY long 9 hours.  Aaron managed to sleep almost the entire way- I tried to sleep, but it just wasn't happening!

Before our delay in SLC, we had already been set up on a tight layover in Paris - only one hour to make our connection to Rabat. With our two hour delay I was certain we'd miss the connection.  By some miracle, we actually made it...barely!  To no surprise, our luggage did not.

Our luggage will arrive late tomorrow.  I've already spent 30 hours in my clothes, what's 30 more!?

The Rabat airport is much smaller than I had anticipated.  It reminded me of a courthouse.

One of the first things I noted while driving into Rabat was how clean it is.  The streets are spotless!  Not at all what I expected!

We took an afternoon walk with two other volunteers down to the local market.  We needed toothbrushes at least!

For dinner we had chicken, French fries, soup, salad and these amazing peaches with a cinnamon and sugar glaze.  Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment